Sunday 14 July 2013

DYNAMO...

 
One of the biggest names in magic right now is undoubtedly Dynamo! With his third TV series currently being aired, people are definitely opening up more and more to the idea of magic as more than just children's entertainment, and that alone affords him a degree of respect.
 I am asked a lot if I know how Dynamo does this trick or that trick, and to be honest I'd say it is a 90/10 split. I know how he does many of his effects, and the ones I don't know are ones to which I can say I know how I would do them... but that's not to say it's how he does them. The bigger issue however, especially amongst magicians, is that there are effects Dynamo will perform on TV that he cannot perform live, in an unprepared setting. No one could. That's why some magicians openly say that they are not fans.
 Personally, I agree that it can be frustrating to be asked to repeat a piece of magic I know to be un-doable, but I also know that it is Dynamo's job to entertain, and he does that very well. It doesn't necessarily matter what methods are used; it is still amazing, puzzling and fun! And the simple fact is that if you were to meet him on the street, he could easily show you some incredible magic using nothing more than cards, coins or even just his own body. But that is not enough these days to have your own TV show. He is legitimately a very good magician and he knows his stuff... Just don't ask him to walk on water.

No comments:

Post a Comment